Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome to my head

I wanted to take the time to tell you why I'm here and the purpose of sharing myself with you.  My testimony is powerful, honest, and sometimes disheartening.  My life is full of situations that just about anyone can relate with.  I struggle with me, wrestle with God, and try to make it count at the end of the day.  I can only promise you one thing as you curiously digest what you will read here. Life is real and so am I!! 

My life was never handed to me on a little silver platter and cut up into pieces that made chewing easier.  It was and sometimes is difficult and stressful to say the least.  Hey don't get me wrong, my life has its fantastic movements and times of success as well.  More now than at any point in my life.  But I believe in that old saying that we are "products of our environment" and thus I believe we aid in our failures and successes.  That's a freebee!  But through victories and defeats, I am me and you are you.  Perhaps a spouse, maybe single, or a parent, and hopefully a friend to someone.  I believe it all starts with love.  And I don't mean others.  It starts with loving ourselves, finding ourselves, and freeing ourselves to make a difference in this messed up world.  Hello, my name is Allen and welcome to my blog.........

No comments:

Post a Comment